About Me

My photo
I'm a girl that lives to eat, rather than eats to live. However, it's taken me a while to start doing the cooking rather than just the eating. This blog is a way of documenting my attempts at satisfying my hungry girl appetite, while sharing the journey with my friends and family.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Power of friends and family

After an overloaded week of tests, homework, swim practice, and a cluster of friend's 21st birthday celebrations, I was feeling the effects of my serious lack of sleep. So when I finally had a chance to shut off my alarm clock and sleep in as late as I wanted, I was more than ready to take full advantage. But of course, at 9 am I get a skype call from my parents that I couldn't ignore. As you can imagine I was not a pleasant person to talk to and was fully prepared to spend the rest of my day with that poor demeanor. Yet I noticed as the conversion with my family continued, I had completely forgotten about waking up on the wrong side of the bed and even found that as the video chat ended I was the happiest I've been all week.

While I realize that friends and family are sometimes the cause of frustration in our lives, there is something about the feeling you get from talking to loved ones that can make the foulest mood turn around. Whether it is feeling the cathartic effects of venting about issues that come your way, or just the feeling of connectedness you get from these relationships, talking to close friends and family can instantly make you happier. 

Today I challenge you to seek out a friend you haven't talked to in a while, or call up your family, and reap the mood boosting rewards. In this new age of technology it is so easy to write a quick email or facebook message to a group of friends and family and keep them update on your life. Even as I skyped my family today I realized how sad it was that I wasn't utilizing all of these great tools we have to stay connected. Even a quick text message or a "words with friends" game can bring you closer to those around you!

Most Popular Mediums For Staying Connected:
1. facebook
2. text message
3. email
4. skype

If this post didn't boost your mood then this picture should...
During my skype chat with my family, I was telling a hillarious story (or so i thought) and they were all laughing really hard. Turns out they were laughing because of this... 

Looks like they had drawn a mustache on my face during our conversation. Not cool


No comments:

Post a Comment